We’ve Only Just Begun…To Help You Cash In
October 11, 2011 at 3:13 PM
By John N. Frank
By the time you read this, the holiday hoopla will be over and the New Year’s champagne corks will have popped. It will be time to get back to work, making money with private label. And PLBuyer is here to help with that important mission.
Last year was a big one for PLBuyer. After not changing much in the previous decade, PLBuyer was reborn in 2010 with more relevant, intelligent and engaging content to help you perform more efficiently and profitably. Let’s review:
- June: PLBuyer begins offering a podcast series featuring leading thinkers in the private label world. The series, available for download at privatelabelbuyer.com, blossomed as the year progressed, offering private label forecasts for 2011 prior to November’s PLMA show in Chicago.
- August: PLBuyer brings you the first in its ongoing series of exclusive research on how consumers view and buy private label. Working with international research firm Lightspeed Research, PLBuyer now surveys consumers quarterly to provide you insights that can help you sell more private label products. Lightspeed’s quarterly reports are available for free download on our Web site.
- September: PLBuyer brings you its first-ever Top 30 list of private label retailers, listing them not by overall sales as was done in the past, but by estimated private label sales, data that is more useful to anyone doing business in the private label universe. For this exciting project, we worked with London-based research firm Planet Retail, demonstrating our eagerness to find the best minds in the business and bring their wisdom and actionable insights to you.
- October: PLBuyer assembles the first of its new, ongoing secret shopper panels to report on what your competitors are doing with private label merchandising, pricing and products in their stores. There is no substitute for this type of on-the-ground intelligence. Read the latest secret shopper results in this issue; and watch for more throughout this year.
- November: A revamped PLBuyer Private Label Packaging Awards report organizes winners for the first time by packaging type to give value to the results for you. The same issue debuts a plethora of new guest columnists for PLBuyer, bringing you even more industry wisdom.
- December: Hispanics are by far the fastest-growing ethnic group in the Untied States which is why PLBuyer brought you a major special report on the Hispanic consumer market, covering everything from key demographic data to how to sell to the Hispanic population in your area.
- December’s issue was essentially a bonus for you because, in the past, PLBuyer did not publish a regular December edition. In 2010, however, not only did December bring you the special Hispanic report, it also provided you with predictions for 2011 from our newly-formed editorial advisory board and from other industry experts.
Are we done bringing you more private label tools, insights, news and analysis than you’ll find anywhere else? Not by a long shot. Keep reading here, online, and in our e-newsletter, eReport. And if you’re on the processing side, also watch our supplemental publication, Contract Manufacturing & Packaging (CM&P), which went through its own rebirth last year.
Wishing a happy and profitable New Year to you all.